|App: DiskMaker X|
Ever wanted to clean install OS X Mavericks without upgrading, Yes? then this App is for you “DiskMaker X“. The old methods used to create bootable Lion and Mountain Lion installer does not works with Mavericks. In this guide we will show you how to create Mavericks USB installer in a GUI based approach.
- 8 GB or larger USB Drive or separate 8 GB partition on external drive.
- Mavericks Installer from the Mac App Store under Applications Folder.
- Administrator account on the Mac which you are using to create installer.
- DiskMaker X app which can be downloaded from here. This is available for free.
- This app requires at least OS X 10.7 (Lion). Due to a bug under OS X 10.6.X this app will not be able to create bootable USB installer stick. There fore you have to have OS X version 10.7 or above.
Creating Bootable USB installer:
Grab a cup of coffee, this is going to take a while depending on your hardware.