XAMPP is a best server for building php applications . XAMPP stands for ‘X’ means platform , ‘A’ stands for apache , ‘M’ for mysql , ‘P’ for PHP & ‘P’ for Perl. If you want to install XAMPP on any linux distro then follow this easy & effective steps.
There are many servers available for running PHP on linux but the best one is XAMPP. The steps for installing are as follows:
1. Download the latest package of XAMPP from the above links.
2. Copy The above downloaded tarball file to the home directory .
3. Now Open Terminal By Pressing CTRL+ALT+T & Execute following commands.
tar xvf xampp-linux-1.8.1.tar.gz -C /opt
Where 1.8.1 is the version number.
4. In order to execute server , execute following command in terminal.
5. Open Your Browser & Type localhost , to test the server .
If you have certain queries or suggestions , feel free to ask by leaving a comment below.